Image Map

Monday, June 25, 2012

Smurfs Garden Cookies

I love it when a client comes to me with an unusual theme and is receptive to ideas.  I made Gina's baby shower cookies months ago, and recently, these Smurf garden cookies for her son's first birthday.  It took a good part of two days to make the fruits and vegetables from sugarpaste, bake the cookies and put everything together but it was worth all the time and effort.  I was thrilled to bits when I stood back and looked at these cookies. 







"Just wanted to say thanks again for the amazing smurfy cookies you made for Luca's 1st birthday party.  They were a big hit and tasted delicious.  I have attached a photo from the day of the table-somehow I managed to lose the piece of paper you had written for me with the order they were to go in so not in the original order unfortunately!"

Kind Regards
Gina


2 comments:

  1. How did you get the "dirt" to adhere properly? I assume that it was sprinkled over a sticky surface, but did you have problems with lots of crumbs falling all over? I'm currently on a cookie project in which I'd like a healthy sprinkling of crumbs on the tops, but this is the problem I'm concerned about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, If I remember correctly (sorry, made this awhile back), I used a smear of royal icing and pressed cookie crumbs into it. Let it set overnight, and brush off any loose crumbs the next day. Hope this helps. Jen x

      Delete